RemoteControl
 Go back to the RemoteControl page
hmmm... doesn't work for me...
 By cypress - Posted on October 28, 2002 - 07:54:01   (#3824)
I'm using BeOS 5 Pro with BONE on two Intel machines (PIV and PII). I start the server on the target, start the client from Terminal on the other computer and nothing happens. The app strats but doesn't draw anything on the screen. I have to Ctrl-C it to quit. Is it possible this is happening because I'n not using the net_server?

TonyC
 By ravon - Posted on September 14, 2002 - 18:36:20   (#3152)
Just found it on BeShare, but thanks anyway :)
Maybe I should start putting up alternative liks to the broken ones.

ravon
 By TonyC - Posted on September 14, 2002 - 18:34:05   (#3151)
it's there! Thanks to bezip.de I put it up somewhere else too. cu

On BeShare but with probs
 By Jess - Posted on September 14, 2002 - 11:49:31   (#3148)
Hey it's EASY to find this on BeShare but I've found it's got some issues. The server side does not let go of the input control so after you shut down the server you have to reboot cuz you have no way of controlling it via the original machine. At least that's what happens on my machines. Maybe make a script that kills the server sleeps for 2 seconds & restarts the input_server after the remote server app is killed - might be a work around & lauch it just before you dissconnect... or lauch the server via a scritp & after the server thread dies it will restart the input_server - I dunno lots of things to try. Works pretty good but if you keep all your apps in your BeMenu good luck... Spicy keys still lanuches apps on the machine your at not the remote. It wont draw the Deskbar menu so unless you have all your apps on your desktop your gonna have to go through your drives to your be/Applications folder to find your apps or just /boot/apps/ Problems or not this is cool. I'd like to see it continued & possibly optimised so my cpu's aren't pegged the whole time.

brian, you angel you
 By ravon - Posted on September 14, 2002 - 11:42:09   (#3147)
Can you please mail it to ravon@skabb.net?
Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Got it
 By brian68 - Posted on September 14, 2002 - 07:05:02   (#3144)
ravon - You can either post your email addy or check beshare sometime tomorrow night. I think I got it from BeShare myself, so someone may even be sharing it already.

Broken link. Anyone who has it?
 By ravon - Posted on September 14, 2002 - 02:06:30   (#3142)
Too bad the link is broken.
Anyone who still has the file?

Total Downloads  -  # 1,092