Trident driver patch
 Go back to the Trident driver patch page
Any updates for the Trident 9660 case?
 By Noth - Posted on March 25, 2004 - 16:48:07   (#11667)
Hi all.

I've been struggling with the Trident 9660 in the bowels of my old Mitac 5033k, but I'm clearly the looser in this fight. I have the exact same scars reported so far -- namely, 640x480 grayscale without this driver, 800x600@16bit-rotten background-hang on halt/reboot with it. Has anybody had any success getting this card to work properly?

Update on Trident 9660
 By ebor - Posted on September 18, 2003 - 12:35:05   (#8859)
OK, I have managed an 800x600x8 clear background now, but the foreground is not clearly visible this time. It refreshes qwell though when deleting lines in StyledEdit for instance. I'll keep trying and posting.

how do i install this driver???
 By lthrwolf - Posted on September 14, 2003 - 05:13:13   (#8798)
while im not entirley computer stupid.
ii am still unsure how to install this driver
i have a trident blade 3D AGP card

i must be doin something worng here

Trident 9660 - again
 By ebor - Posted on September 4, 2003 - 17:15:38   (#8685)
Hi, unfortunately, I don't seem to understand what you are saying - you keep referring to vesa modes which, IMHO, are not related to any "real" gfx driver.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and could you please tell me what exactly you have done where and when. What did you enter in the advanced safe mode options on boot time in order to get the trident patch to work?

I am trying to get it to run on a Sharp Mebius with a Trident 9660 chipset but keep getting the background garbage another user was describing.

Thanks a lot in advance.

How I got the patch to work...
 By Studley - Posted on May 28, 2003 - 04:49:17   (#7468)
There are 2 ways to get the patch to work:
One of the ways that I have not had a problem with is to hold down the SHIFT key while booting and change the settings as if you were going to change the VESA settings .
The other way I have found to work although not as reliably as the first is to go to "/boot/home/config/settings/kernel/drivers" and modify the setting there. You can ether modify it by hand, or use "VESA Accepted" and the like. I have found that the higher the memory usage setting in the VESA config file, the higher the setting you can use with the patched driver. You may want to go with the highest setting to make sure that the settings that you want to see, you can see. Experiment with the VESA file, and with the Boot/Video Settings, and see what works best for you. I have only worked with this problem on my computer because I am the only one I know that uses Be. I am working on ther cursor problem but have not found any work around for it as of yet.

CyberAladdin
 By aceshigh1 - Posted on March 9, 2003 - 13:24:18   (#6298)
I have installed BeOS on my Toshiba Satellite 1800-S274 what video card is a Trident CyberAladdin (actually Cyberblade XP Ai1).
Without the patch, all I got was the B&W display at 640x480. After applying it, I got colored but also garbaged display so I have to boot in safe video mode which is slow but the resolution is 1024x768.
I'm curious about the vesa file correction Studley mentioned a few posts below (mine has "1024 768 16").
What can I do not to boot in safe video mode?

Video problems
 By BoGoMiPz - Posted on December 13, 2002 - 15:27:03   (#4770)
When I first installed BeOS it booted in safe video mode, which is slooow in all resolutions. I've got a Trident Blade3D 9880 AGP video card, so I applied the Trident driver patch. This made BeOS recognize my card and use the trident driver, but it didn't work too well. The leftmost 100 or so pixels are repeated horizontally all over the screen, and the mouse pointer is scrambled. The resolution seems to be 640x480.

How do I fix this?

tnx,
-truls

Works fairly well....
 By Karina - Posted on December 1, 2002 - 20:11:26   (#4525)
Has been working fairly well although I'm limited to 1152x864.
I'm also finding that my mouse cursor is occasionally corrupting and being replaced with a black square, only solution to this seems to be rebooting.
Would be great if someone would write a new trident driver but I wont hold my breath.

I am using it on a Cyberblade/i1 which is onboard video on the Via Mini-itx motherboards (contained within the PLE133 northbridge).

IBM TP 765D cannot work with this patch.
 By Bert Kok - Posted on August 31, 2002 - 14:55:09   (#2936)
I tried this patch to get the TRIDENT working, but it fails.
id is 9660 of the driver for the 13.3 TFT screen.
Problem is color background is garbage. Foregrounds/icons are good.
Refresh seems the problem somehow.
I use the PE version on this TP, but have also a prof version on my desktop which I use heavily.

Can you help me?

Regards, Bert

Good, gets the card recognized, but has video problems
 By Studley - Posted on August 19, 2002 - 06:06:00   (#2721)
This is a good patch but, it has problem with the mouse, and scrambled video on start-up, that is corrected with a video setting in the vesa file. I hope to see improvments for the Trident driver. I have been using BeOS for two years and am glad to finaly get all my cards and hardware working in Be.

Will it...
 By Jess - Posted on August 14, 2002 - 16:58:41   (#2648)
I won't get to test it out but I have a trident 9750 old 4mb card but it's one of the best I own. Just wondering if it may work & if you know it won't if you have any idea if the creator of the driver hack will be trying to add it to the list.

BeGroovy