bdc
 Go back to the bdc page
I care ( A LOT )
 By looncraz - Posted on December 20, 2006 - 04:25:54   (#21065)
 Current version when comment was posted: 0.0.1
I was toying with the idea of giving some GUI code a try with D. Very seriously toying with attempting to write a split-D/C/C++ loonCAFE ( as I really need the mix of features in seperate contexts ).

Sadly, I have had little time for anything other than work, but that is primarily seasonal ( and will trail off just after the New Year ). Though I think I'll put a little time in now with a simple 'hello world' :-)

--The loon

GUI - possibly in the works
 By memson - Posted on December 19, 2006 - 01:12:39   (#21060)
 Current version when comment was posted: 0.0.1
I started porting my GUI layer to Portable.Net in C#, so the possibility of doing the same for D is definitely there now.

If anyone cares, let me know!

Re: Be API
 By tqh - Posted on August 8, 2006 - 09:14:00   (#20334)
 Current version when comment was posted: 0.0.1
Not sure if I'll get much time for D. But without the API's it's less interesting.

Re: BeAPI
 By memson - Posted on August 8, 2006 - 00:29:17   (#20333)
 Current version when comment was posted: 0.0.1
I have a BeAPI wrapper. If you want me to get it working, I could. It was originally for FreePascal.

Question
 By tqh - Posted on August 8, 2006 - 00:10:15   (#20332)
 Current version when comment was posted: 0.0.1
Can we use the Be API's?

neat language
 By jonas.kirilla - Posted on November 29, 2004 - 01:05:35   (#14886)
 Current version when comment was posted: 0.0.1
A better C/C++ than C/C++? I like it!

Thanks, Matt!

I wonder if garbage collection could be used in a kernel.

oops
 By memson - Posted on November 27, 2004 - 11:31:39   (#14867)
 Current version when comment was posted: 0.0.1
as = ar obviously. If only the comments were editable!!

RE: testing
 By memson - Posted on November 27, 2004 - 11:28:48   (#14866)
 Current version when comment was posted: 0.0.1
It does work. It compiles almost all of its PHOBOS (run time library) and most of the faetures I've tried work too. There is source for a small test app included ("test.d").

compile:

bdc test.d

to get an exectable (run ./test otherwise BeOS picks up something else on the path first.)

bdc test.d -unittest

to get a version with the unitests included.

The main issues that I know of are : garbage collection probably doesn't work, there are probably memory leaks and bugs in PHOBOS and the language is only at about the D 0.6X level (where as modern D is at 0.1XX currently.)

All that said, I have got D to link to C code in BeOS, and I have got D to use my BeGUI library that I wrote for FreePascal to create a BApplication. I hope to have a set of simple GUI classes for the next release.

One last thing - this was compiled using the latest GCC from Oliver Tappe - the standard R5 GCC will not compile the source. It falls over around the complex numbers stuff. I think it should work "as is" with the normal dev tools though, but you may need to recompile PHOBOS. To do this, you simply run the "build" script which is in the phobos dir. This will rebuild all the object files (.o) - then open and run the BeIDE project to link the objects into libphobos.a (the lib is placed into the right dir by doing this.) This is a lazy hangover from the fact that I couldn't be bothered to work out which switches I needed to pass to as :-)

EnjoY!

Nice
 By ModeenF - Posted on November 27, 2004 - 08:59:12   (#14864)
 Current version when comment was posted: 0.0.1
I have hade a look at D and it loocked intresting. have you tested it with some D code?

//Fredrik